Website Evaluation - Pierce Middle School Library
Pierce Middle School Library
Acceptable Use Policy
Independent Reading Guidelines
Milton Public Library
English / Language Arts
Research Resources for Earthquake-Proof Structures
Milton's 350th Anniversary Project
Unsolved Mysteries Pathfinder
6th Grade Writing Workshop
Egyptian Religion Links
6th Grade Geography
During the research process, it is essential to find accurate, high-quality websites that contain information appropriate to your needs.
Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators
UC Berkely: Evaluating Websites
Dalhouse University Guide for Website Evaluation
QUICK: QUality Information ChecKlist
How to read a web address
The 5 Ws of Website Evaluation
Use the criteria below to evaluate the site and determine whether it would be a useful site to use for research:
- Who wrote the web page? Is the person an authority on the topic?
- What is the goal of the site? Is the information accurate? Does it fit the goal of your project? Why did the author publish this site?
- Does the site clearly identify the audience? Are you part of the intended audience?
- When was the site published or last updated? Is the information current? Are the links up-to-date? Does the site look professional/trustworthy?
- Based on your answers to the questions above, would you recommend this site to others in your class? Why or why not?
Create a free website